Booking a visit could not be easier. Telephone 01904 615505 or e-mail email@example.com.
|Prices||RIII/HVII Experience (entrance and tour)||Medieval Day||RIII/HVII Experience with one extra attraction (JORVIK, DIG, Barley Hall or RIII/HVII)||RIII/HVII Experience with two extra attraction (JORVIK, DIG, Barley Hall or RIII/HVII)||RIII/HVII Experience with three extra attraction (JORVIK, DIG, Barley Hall or RIII/HVII)|
Prices maybe subject to change. Please call our reservations line to confirm prices at time of booking.*Schools do not have to visit all four attractions in the same day, please contact the reservations department.
Tours and activities included in admission price.
One teacher goes free in every six school children booked.
Your visit to the Henry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar will last approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Please note there are no toilets available for use at either the Richard III or Henry VII Experiences. Monk Bar and Micklegate Bar are not accessible for visitors in wheelchairs.
10 — 3 daily from 1st of February — October
Workshops available November — January on request
CODE OF CONDUCT
Please ensure your pupils respect other visitors, museum objects and attraction staff.
Staff reserve the right to ask visitors to leave if their behaviour disrupts the experience of others is the attraction.
Your tick list of things to remember:
- Book a free familiarisation visit to your chosen venue.
- Ask about our workshop programme.
- Before ringing the reservations line check you have the date and time of your visit ready to check for availability, preferably with a range of possible alternatives if your desired date is not available.
- Although we will always do our best to accommodate your group’s requirements, we are grateful for at least four weeks notice when booking workshops, outreach or Virtual Viking Outreach.
- Once you have booked, check you have received your confirmation letter from us and that all of the booking details are correct.
- Check you have the adequate number of adults accompanying your class. York Archaeological Trust recommends a 1:6 teacher pupil ratio.
- If you do not cancel a booking with at least 24hrs notice you will be charged 50% of the visit total.
- School parties should allow one hour and fifteen minutes for a visit to JORVIK and Micklegate Bar, and 90 minutes for a visit to DIG. Barley Hall visit times vary according to your booking. We request that groups arrive on time; owing to high demand, late-comers may be asked to join the queue or put into another time slot. Please be aware that this may result in you having a shorter visit length than the standard visit.
- DIG has space for up to 35 people to eat a packed lunch, free of charge. Visitors to DIG can also eat lunch in the garden. School parties booking a ‘Fit for a King’ or our ‘Medieval Day’ all eat lunch at Barley Hall. Please note that pre-booking is essential. To book a half-hour lunch slot (between 11.00 and 14.00), please request a time when booking your visit to JORVIK, DIG, Micklegate Bar and Barley Hall.